Final Fantasy XIII-2
|Final Fantasy XIII-2|
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Logo
|Series:||Final Fantasy, Fabula Nova Crystallis, Final Fantasy XIII|
|Release Date(s):|| *[JP] – December 2011|
*[NA] – January 31, 2012
*[PAL] – February 3, 2012
|Rating(s):||CERO: B, PEGI: 16+|
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is an upcoming sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. It was originally announced at Square Enix's 1st Production Department Premiere in January 2011.
Main Article: Plot (FFXIII-2)
She spent years fighting her destiny. With courage in her heart, she faced the false gods who ruled over people for centuries.
Her unfaltering determination changed the world. The gods were vanquished, their plans to massacre the human race destroyed. As Cocoon fell, a single pillar formed, connecting the ravaged world to the one below―Pulse, the underworld. It was the beginning of a new era.
However, she was nowhere to be found. Everyone was convinced she was gone―with the exception of her sister, Serah Farron.
Three years later―
A single meteorite falls from the sky. As spatial distortions are created, bloodthirsty monsters appear, threatening the peaceful existence of the townspeople.
In the midst of this chaos, Serah is rescued by a young man by the name of Noel. A hunter from the future, he appears in front of her with a message.
"Come with me across the boundaries of time," he says. "Your sister is waiting."
She is Lightning—protector of the Goddess who rules the realm of death and chaos. She is Serah's sister, her heroine, her savior.
I need to see my sister again.
Grabbing her weapon, Serah heads out on a journey as she takes her first step into a new, unknown future.
Players will control a single character and move across the field with other party members following behind. The controlled character can interact with NPCs and engage enemies. Towns appear in the game and are able to be explored. The game will have multiple endings depending upon player actions throughout the game.
Players will be able to move through rifts in time using the Historia Crux in a non-linear story sequence.
"Live Trigger" is a feature that was absent in FFXIII but has appeared in past games, allowing the player to choose a character's reactions during a conversation.
Unstable Rifts is a puzzle feature in which the player guides a character through a series of platforms.
The battle system for FFXIII-2 is taken directly from FFXIII's Paradigm system with a few changes.
The new "Mog Clock" times a player's reaction to nearby enemies in the open field. If the character engages the enemy while the indicator is green, the player will be rewarded with bonuses at the beginning of the battle. If the indicator is yellow, battle will proceed as normal. And if the indicator is red, the player will suffer penalties at the beginning of battle.
"Cinematic Action Sequences" have also been incorporated into certain battles. During battle, cutscenes will engage prompting the player to press certain buttons in order to perform special moves.
Monsters can be captured and utilized in battle. Their levels and stats can be upgraded by items called Monster Materials that can be found from winning battles or by purchasing them from Chocolina, the female shopkeeper. Monsters will have special abilities called Feral Links that range from being Attack type all the way to the Healing type. Some of these attacks are achieved by QTE's or Quick Time Events
- Serah Farron – Serah is one of the main playable characters, now wielding a bow and sword combo weapon.
- Noel Kreiss – Noel is a new character that travels with Serah in their search for Lightning. He is a Pulse native that wields dual swords.
- Lightning – Lightning returns as a playable character, seemingly in another world during a different time.
- Hope Estheim - Hope still wields his boomerang, and has been seen helping Serah and Noel defeat an enemy. He is the head of a scientific research group.
- Snow Villiers - Snow has also gone missing after leaving Serah behind to search for Lightning.
- Alyssa – Alyssa is a new character that is part of a research team.
- Lebreau, Gadot, Yuj, and Maqui – the members of NORA all make a return.
- Caius Ballad – Caius is the main antagonist, and is described as immortal.
- Paddra Nsu-Yeul - A mysterious girl that accompanies Caius.
- Mog - Mog is a helpful moogle that is a gift from Lightning to Serah. Mog travels with Serah, and transforms into her weapon for battle.
- Chocolina - Chocolina is a time traveling merchant who always has something quirky and fun to say.
Here is a list of some available locations in Final Fantasy XIII-2
- New Bodhum
- Bresha Ruins
- Yaschas Massif
- The Archylte Steppe
- Augusta Tower
- Sunleth Waterscape
- Vile Peaks
Related ThreadsFinal Fantasy XIII Wins MTV Game Award - last post by @ Nov 26, 2008
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Storyline news! - last post by @ Dec 3, 2009
An in depth look at Final Fantasy XIII's story - last post by @ Apr 4, 2012
Dengeki & Famitsu leaks on Versus XIII - last post by @ Jul 11, 2011
So surprised about bad reviews on XIII. Should I get it? - last post by @ Nov 6, 2010