Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (read as Dissidia duodecim Final Fantasy) is an announced game for the PSP expected to release in 2011. It is a prequel to Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
The characters gather in the twelfth cycle of the war between Chaos and Cosmos.
Gameplay details have yet to be revealed, but some elements have been made available:
- Save data from the original Dissidia will carry over into Dissidia 012.
- There will be an Assist System in place where the character can summon an ally to aid in battle.
- Each character will have three costumes: one normal and two alternate.
- The locations of Dissidia will return, and new maps will include Orphan's Cradle from Final Fantasy XIII and the Sky Fortress Bahamut from Final Fantasy XII.
- Instead of the tile board system, characters will travel on an open map.
 Battle System
While no gameplay details have yet been revealed, screenshots suggest that the battle system will be similar to the original Dissidia.
|Final Fantasy IV||Kain Highwind|
|Final Fantasy V||Gilgamesh|
|Final Fantasy VII||Tifa Lockhart|
|Final Fantasy VIII||Laguna Loire|
|Final Fantasy X||Yuna|
|Final Fantasy XI||Prishe|
|Final Fantasy XII||Vaan|
|Final Fantasy XIII||Lightning|
All of the characters of the original Dissidia will return:
|Final Fantasy I|| Warrior of Light|
|Final Fantasy II|| Firion|
|Final Fantasy III|| Onion Knight|
Cloud of Darkness
|Final Fantasy IV|| Cecil Harvey|
|Final Fantasy V|| Bartz Klauser|
|Final Fantasy VI|| Terra Branford|
|Final Fantasy VII|| Cloud Strife|
|Final Fantasy VIII|| Squall Leonhart|
|Final Fantasy IX|| Zidane Tribal|
|Final Fantasy X|| Tidus|
|Final Fantasy XI||Shantotto|
|Final Fantasy XII||Gabranth|
 Additional Information
- Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy was originally announced in September 2010 by Shonen Jump, a Japanese magazine.
- A demo will be available for purchase prior to the game's release. Aerith Gainsborough of Final Fantasy VII will appear as an optional assist character in the demo. A code will be included in the demo for players to utilize Aerith as an assist character in their purchased copy of the game.
Related ThreadsDissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy confirmed for NA/EU - last post by @ Feb 13, 2011
Dissidia 012 Official Soundtrack site opens - last post by @ Feb 8, 2011
"Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy Pre-Release Night Festival" - Details in First Post - last post by Rabla @ Mar 3, 2011
Neoseeker reviews Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - last post by @ Apr 6, 2011
Dissidia 012 - last post @ Oct 1, 2014