Final Fantasy IX is a role-playing game released on PlayStation. It is the ninth in the main Final Fantasy series. The game is also going to be released on PSN for download.
Main Article: Plot (FFIX)
Final Fantasy IX focuses on Zidane Tribal, both an actor and a thief. His crew, Tantalus, is set to kidnap Princess Garnet during the showing of the play I Want to be Your Canary. Getting caught up in a war started by Queen Brahne and Kuja, Zidane and Garnet join forces with others to stop Kuja from destroying Gaia.
In Final Fantasy IX, the player controls a single character throughout towns and dungeons. The game also sees the return of the World Map which allows the player to navigate between locations.
There are many unnique features to Final Fantasy IX, like the Tetra Master Card game and the Active Time Event, which allows the player to view events as they take place elsewhere. There is also the added ability system in which allows characters learn spells and abilities through their equipment.
 Battle System
The battle system follows the ATB system used since Final Fantasy IV. When a random or boss battle occurs, the screen switches to the battle screen where the player inputs commands for each character. Like previous titles, Final Fantasy IX utilizes a limit break system called Trance. When a character sustains enough damage, they can go into Trance mode for a period of time during which the character's strength is increased and he or she will have access to special commands.
- Zidane Tribal is the lead character and a member of the theater group Tantalus. He is a thief and although he doesn't remember where he came from, his upbeat personality keeps the party in good spirits.
- Garnet til Alexandros XVII is the princess of Alexandria who insists on being kidnapped by Zidane and traveling under the alias "Dagger".
- Vivi Orunitia is a black mage of unknown origins. His great magical abilities bolster the party in their mission.
- Adelbert Steiner is the Captain of the Knights of Pluto whose main concern is the safety of Princess Garnet.
- Amarant Coral is a rogue-for-hire that, after challenging and losing to Zidane, joins the party to better know Zidane's power.
- Eiko Carol is a young summoner, one of the last of her kind. She travels with her friend Mog.
- Quina Quen is an unusual Qu whose gender remains a mystery. Quina's goal is to taste food from all over the world.
- Freya Crescent has left her home in search of her lost love who has previously. She met Zidane prior to the events of the game.
- Kuja is the main antagonist who uses Queen Brahne to create an atmosphere of war on Gaia, while his ultimate goal is the planet's destruction.
 Additional Information
No information has been submitted to this section of the article. You can help the FFWiki by contributing content to this section.